All applications will be reviewed by both an admissions representative and the Director of the MS in Education Program.
- Have earned a bachelor's degree with a GPA of 3.0 or higher from an accredited institution of higher education. Applicants with a lower GPA may be considered for admission on a provisional basis based on professional experience and/or credentials. If admitted on a provisional basis, the student will be required to complete a specified number of credits with an overall GPA of 3.0 in order to continue in the program. Upon application to the program, a student's transcripts will be evaluated for appropriate liberal arts and sciences and content core coursework required for certification by NYSED Section 52.21.
- Have two letters of reference from faculty/professionals attesting not only to the academic readiness of the applicant but also to his/her readiness to teach children.
- Participate successfully in a structured interview with the Program Director and/or program faculty.
- Achieve a satisfactory rating on an in-person writing sample (taken the same day as the interview).
- Recommended: NYSTCE Liberal Arts and Science Test (L.A.S.T.).
- Proof of Immunizations (New York State Public Health Law 2165 requires all students on or after January 1, 1957 to supply immunizations from Measles, Mumps and Rubella prior to registration.
- Submission of a completed application with all official transcripts and documentation.
- Application Fee of $45 (the non-refundable fee) which can be paid either by check, money order or on-line with a credit card via a secured server.
Applications can be made at any time. The College accepts students on a rolling admission basis for the three terms per year. Semesters begin: Fall - immediately following Labor Day, Spring - the first week of January, Summer - late April/Early May
For application and/or admissions information please contact: Metropolitan College of New York Admissions Office (212) 343-1234 ext. 5001